Friday, August 17, 2012

Caution: Raw Emotion

So, today hasn't been the best day for me.  See, I was expecting something to happen didn't.  And, these days, it doesn't take much for the negative thoughts to start racing in my head.   "You're not good enough."  "See, I told you that you couldn't do it."  "Why have goals when you aren't getting anywhere?"  "What's the point?  You are going to fail anyway."  "See, you are too messed up." 

Many days, I am able to silence those nasty, negative voices.  But today, I let them control me.  And, it got me nowhere.  Just more lonely, sad, and feeling sorry for myself.  I definitely did not take the role that I wanted to...

I really try every single moment of every single day to silence those voices.  But, unfortunately, they were too loud today.

Now at this point, I have a choice.  I can stay and wallow in self pity and keep beating myself up.

Or, I can do the brave thing...and pick myself up, seek help from my wonderful support team, and keep going...and realize that those voices are not speaking the truth.  And, I can try again tomorrow. 

It's my choice.

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment