Saturday, July 27, 2013

Day #5 Unexpected Risk

I was at the library with my kids yesterday and saw an old friend.  Someone I haven't seen or spoken with in several months.  Someone that used to be a good friend but situations in the past have caused us to grow apart.  

I had two choices.  (Isn't it interesting that we always have choices?  And that it's the road we choose that determines whether we grow or stay the way we are...)  The first was to avoid her and not say anything.  The second was to approach her and say hello.  (I got that "sick to my stomach" feeling, which I always get when I know that I should take a risk.)  So, I swallowed my pride, turned my fear into excitement and approached her.  

I was welcomed with open arms!  We talked for a few minutes and then it was time for me to take the kids home.  I told her that I would love to catch up and asked if she would be open to having coffee with me soon.  We made a date for this coming week!  I turned to leave and she hugged me...telling me that she is glad that I said hello and that she couldn't wait to reconnect.

I am completely blown away at what happens when I put my fear aside and embrace the unexpected risk, head on.

And, I get to reconnect with a friend.

That's truly amazing.

Love,
Julie
+++++++++++
I am POWERFUL, JOYFUL, COURAGEOUS, and WORTHY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment