Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Day #3: Just Keep Swimming!

Honestly, today has been a difficult day for me.  I struggled all day, not especially feeling great.  It was tough for me to stick with my goal of drinking the water and exercising.  I didn't want to do it.  I totally wanted to quit.  And then, I started making excuses to myself, trying to "release me" from my agreement with myself.  Excuses like...

"You aren't feeling well."
"You are too tired."
"You're too busy."
"No one will know if you don't drink the water."
"I'll do it tomorrow."
"I can always start over."

And, I almost gave in to those thoughts.  I almost quit.  I chose to do something different.  I sought support from a friend.  In the midst of that conversation,  I started thinking about the times that I break the agreements that I make with myself...thinking, "It's ok.  It's just me."  I will go out of my way to keep my agreements with others but when it comes to myself, I often just "toss" them aside.  
Let's face it...if I want to create better relationships around me, I have to start with those
closest to me...and that includes me.  I am learning that my relationship with
myself is just as important as my relationship with others.   

So, what did I do?  I just kept swimming...pushing through the excuses...to keep the agreement with myself.  I drank my water and I exercised.  And, I'll do it again tomorrow.


That feels amazing.

Love,
Julie

I am a POWERFUL, JOYFUL, COURAGEOUS and WORTHY woman.

1 comment:

  1. I am there with you. Deciding to go plant strong in the face of opposition from just about everyone who doesn't care that I'm choosing to do this for my heath, they just want to debate meat vs no meat. Some days I want so bad to just say "screw it" but to do that means I give up on me too. Nope, ain't happening.

    Love you

    ReplyDelete