Saturday, September 22, 2012

Sometimes....
I wish....
that I had kids like yours.
Without "special needs"
Without social and emotional issues
Kids that acted "normal".


Sometimes...
I wonder what it would be like to be able to put my kids on the bus and not worry that the school might call.

I wonder what it would be like to go somewhere without an emotional meltdown.


Sometimes...
I wish you would step into my shoes when you STARE at my child when he is struggling....
When you shake your head in disbelief...
I wish you would remember that sometimes, we parents are doing the best we can.  

And then I remember that ... 
My children are GIFTS from God...
given especially to me and John.  
They are BEAUTIFUL, UNIQUE, TREASURED
and LOVED by the CREATOR of the UNIVERSE.
And He loves them unconditionally and
He has a plan for their lives.

And, all of a sudden, I don't want my kids to be "normal".  
I want them to be who they were created to be.

And...

That is just fine with me!

*************
Julie




No comments:

Post a Comment